Sunday, September 5, 2010

Sep 5

My testimony went pretty smoothly. I only had to look at my cheat sheet once and, even better, someone told me I only messed up 5 words! I got to legitmately bear my testimony to a guy at the mechanic shop next door to the church. Then I invited two girls to church the next Sunday; it turns out they are LDS. The best part of the entire day was bringing Orosias to church. Here's his story:

I have been trying for 2 and a half weeks to bring some of the vendors from the fruit market to church with me. After committing multiple people to church and getting a lot of no shows I finally told three guys I would pick them up. The first two guys turned me down, and the last one, Orosias, started making an excuse when I grabbed his hand and started pulling him down the road toward the church. It worked. He came to 2 and a half hours of church! That is literally phenominal for Uganda, where most investigators take a couple months to work up that much church committment. Orosias also promised me that he would come to Family Home Evening and is hopefully going to have a short discussion with the missionaries tomorrow! I am so excited for this guy.

We had a lesson in priesthood about forgiveness. Everyone had amazing stories about losing family members to political strife and having to forgive. Very spiritual.

Tonight we had a Mzungu bbq at the the campus playground which was loads of fun. I talked to a guy from Ethopia for about 45 minutes, 90% of which was spiritual. Although not a member, Moses had a rock solid testimony of Christ-like service. When I asked him where he wanted to be in ten years, he replied, "Me, I don't care what I am doing, as long as I am serving others and my God." Really cool. Although I am technicalling not supposed to invite him to church, he is coming to FHE tomorrow at the chapel to play soccer.

No comments:

Post a Comment