Sunday, September 5, 2010

Sep 3

Today we did a morning tour of the park. We saw a lot of the same, plus a dot in the distance that our tour guide called a lion. Then we went on a boat ride. This was my favorite part of the park by far. The sky was absolutely filled with many species of water birds and there was lots of hippos and crocodiles. I was amazed to see kids from a small fishing village swimming less than two hundred meters from a hippo, with waterbuck grazing less than thirty feet away. I think we saw seven different species of cranes. When we got back to our hotel, I went for a run to the top of a nearby mountain/hill. I followed a trail that snaked its way through a tiny farming village with huts consisting entirely of grass bundles. The view from the top was phenomenal; you could see miles of savanna. I stayed up really late watching the England/Bulgaria UEFA qualifier and some rugby (which is officially my favorite sport to watch now).

No comments:

Post a Comment