Monday, April 25, 2011

The end

OK, well I'm leaving a flight in 4 hours to take me to the Provo MTC where I will wait anxiously for a visa.

Being set apart was powerful. The stake president's family had us over for a big dinner and then we had a mini fireside with just his family and ours. We had an interview and he set me apart, giving me one of the most intense blessings I have ever felt. He talked about focusing on families and realizing that my own would be safe back at home. It was the peaceful, calming sort of spiritual that really comforts you when you are excited/scared.

Anyway, I'll miss my family. I got to spend a lot of time with them today playing basketball, tennis, and lifting some weights. Then we had a stellar FHE at 11:30 pm and everyone hit the sack.

I'll miss the people here. Period. They have taught me so much about being humble and selfless. They have taught me about the things that matter most in life, none of which are money. I really really think I'm coming back.

So that's the end of this blog. Thanks for following my struggles to consistently post. Before I close this blog, I think it's fitting to end with a short testimony, the very reason I will be spending 2 years laboring in Brazil.

I know that we have a Heavenly Father who loves us completely and unconditionally. His love is never out of reach, no matter how unworthy we may feel. The priesthood is on the earth today, giving each of us access to heaven's power. With that, I know that we have a living prophet, Thomas S Monson. He is the mouthpiece for revelation in our day. The Book of Mormon has the ability to change lives; it has changed mine. The Holy Ghost is real. His whisperings are a source of guidance in a loud and confusing world. I testify that Christ is our Redeemer. He paid the ultimate price so that each of us could live eternally. He lived without sin and loved without restraint. Of this I know and testify, in the name of our Savior, Jesus Christ, amen.

1 comment:

  1. You are a great writer and a great missionary. I am happy to have you as a cousin and I know you will have great success.

    ReplyDelete